At Andrews School we follow the Montessori system of scientific education for children aged three to five years.
Activities in the Montessori room
- Taking care of themselves
- Taking care of the environment
- Sensorial: fabrics, colour spoons, sound boxes
- Mathematics: numbers, stringing beads, spindle box, fitting shapes, abacus
- Language: puzzles, object and picture boxes, picture reading
The Montessori system helps children
- Build confidence and makes learning easy and funfilled.
- Contributes in developing self-discipline, leadership qualities and individuality.
- Helps in building vocabulary, muscular co-ordination, assertiveness, awareness.
- Helps the child to compare, contrast and discriminate.